Behind The Scenes At Dr. Harvey’s:
Transparency, Values and Customer Service
What if you found a dog food that was made with only human grade ingredients?
What if this food might also help prevent or manage serious illnesses- such as cancer, diabetes, kidney disease and obesity among others?
And what if you could whip up this fresh-prepared, holistic meal in just a few easy steps… in less than 10 minutes?
What if your dog loves this food, cleaning his bowl with gusto and passion at every meal?
Would you be a loyal customer and recommend it to friends and family?
If you’re like me, the answer is yes, of course you would!
These are just a few of the reasons I choose Dr. Harvey’s food and supplements for my own dogs.
After all, whether your walk on 2 legs or four, good health begins in the kitchen!
This educational post is sponsored by Dr. Harvey’s. I am being compensated as an Ambassador to share information about my recent behind the scenes experience at Dr. Harvey’s headquarters. I only share information I feel is beneficial to my readers. Dr. Harvey’s is not responsible for the content of this article.
Why I Choose Dr. Harvey’s: I Personally Use Their Products
As a vet tech, a dog writer and a blogger, I am approached by lots of companies to share information about their products. I take this as high praise, but here’s the hitch:
I am firmly committed to only sharing information about companies and products I personally use, believe in and feel are beneficial to my dogs, readers and followers.
Edison & Co. deserve only the best, which means that I am extremely selective about not only the products I use but also the companies with which I work.
For the last six months or so, I’ve been sharing lots of information about Dr. Harvey’s and their all-natural and holistic dog food options, herbal supplements and grooming products.
I share this information because these are products I personally use with my own dogs.
Since I believe in and choose Dr. Harvey’s products for my own dogs, choosing Dr. Harvey’s as a partner in educating other pet parents about the importance of a fresh-prepared, holistic food and supplements was a very easy decision!
Transparency Behind-The-Scenes At Dr. Harvey’s
I was recently invited to visit the Dr. Harvey’s offices and facilities for a sneak peak, behind-the-scenes tour.
I promise you that it is very rare for a company to invite writers and bloggers to their headquarters and give full access to everything behind-the-scenes, where every question was answered directly, honestly and on the record!
During my visit, nothing was off-limits.
I was able to observe for myself:
- The way Dr. Harvey’s food, supplements and grooming products are carefully and painstakingly mixed, prepared and packaged.
- The comprehensive quality control processes they have implemented.
- The commitment to complete separation of organic ingredients to ensure no contamination.
- And I was able to meet and talk to every single team member, including Dr. Harvey himself!
Here are a few important takeaways from my behind the scenes visit:
- Dr. Harvey’s is the most transparent company I’ve ever met.
- Dr. Harvey’s is and has been family-owned and operated for 30 years and has never had a recall of any of their products!
- All of their products are made in small batches. This allows them to keep a strict eye on their high quality control standards.
- Dr. Harvey’s participates in an organic ingredient certification audit every year to ensure that they meet the highest organic standards.
- Never satisfied with the status quo, Dr. Harvey’s continues to revolutionize the pet food industry. After a year of intensive research, testing and development, they recently unveiled a brand new food, Raw Vibrance, a grain-free base for balanced raw food diets. Stay tuned for our experiences testing this new food!
Behind-The-Scenes At Dr. Harvey’s: Values In Action
30 years ago, Dr. Harvey Cohen, founder of Dr. Harvey’s, began to understand that something about the pet food industry was broken.
He realized that, for reasons that only benefited pet food manufacturers revenue and profits, these companies were producing inferior foods with inferior ingredients that also contained all sorts of dangerous dyes, preservatives, chemicals, coloring agents and more.
In short, he realized that the foods we feed our pets is key to their health, and that feeding them chemically-laden and inferior quality ingredients was- and remains- the #1 reason for the rise in degenerative diseases in dogs.
For me, Dr Harvey’s guiding principles and values speak volumes:
- Dr. Harvey’s follows the principles of a fresh, organic, holistic, natural nutrition.
- Their products contain absolutely no added chemicals, no preservatives, and no synthetic additives or coloring agents.
- Their products are produced exclusively in the United States.
- Over the past 30 years, Dr. Harvey’s foods and supplements have helped thousands of dogs dramatically recover from conditions such as skin allergies, cancer, kidney and liver problems, chronic digestive issues, inflammatory bowel syndrome, chronic diarrhea and more.
- Dr. Harvey’s never cuts corners when it comes to quality- period!
- Did I mention that in 30 years that they’ve never once experienced a recall?
Behind-The-Scenes At Dr. Harvey’s: Customer Service
Dr. Harvey’s is equally committed to providing only the best customer service.
When they say they love to hear from customers (or potential customers), they mean it! Their Facebook and Instagram pages are filled with photos of customer’s dogs and feedback on how Dr. Harvey’s helped or even saved those dogs lives.
For me, one of the most unique and impressive ways Dr. Harvey’s helps its customers is that you can call and talk to Dr. Harvey himself!
If your dog is experiencing health issues or was just given a scary diagnosis by a veterinarian, Dr. Harvey can help you choose the best product(s) for your dog.
But there’s more…
Dr. Harvey won’t just make a product recommendation, he will explain why he recommends that product and why it will help your dog!
Here’s a few other examples of how Dr. Harvey’s customer service stands out from other companies:
- If you call them during normal business hours (M-F from -5 PM Eastern), a real live person will pick up the phone and answer your question(s).
- If you call after-hours, they are committed to returning your call the next day.
- You can reach them by phone at 866-DOC H-123 (or 866-362-4123 if you old school!
- If you prefer, you can always email them at email@example.com.