This post is sponsored by Only Natural Pet® and the BlogPaws Professional Pet Blogger Network. I am being compensated for helping spread the word about the NEW Canine PowerStewTM, but Dog & His Boy only shares information we feel is relevant to our readers. Only Natural Pet is not responsible for the content of this article.
Proper pet nutrition is a subject that pet parents have become very passionate about. For those of us who have been talking about healthy and holistic diets for years, you can hear resounding sighs of relief and It’s about time, y’all!
There are many differing opinions out there: raw feeding, fresh feeding, rotational feeding, dehydrated food, grain-free, organic, kibble, no table scraps- these are just a few of the feeding philosophies and “rules” that come up when pet parents talk about pet food.
I personally adhere to rotational feeding principles and include as many high-quality, natural ingredients as possible. I want Edison & Co. to eat lots of different protein sources, vegetables, fruits and tasty yet healthy herbs. I prefer food that is made here in the USA and, if the food is created with an eye on achieving and maintaining health holistically, even better! The Canine PowerStewTM from Only Natural Pet® meets all of these needs and more!
That is why I’ve begun to incorporate the Canine PowerStew canned food into our feeding schedule. For more information on rotation feeding, check out this introduction by PetMD.
Only Natural Pet is about to release it’s new Canine PowerStew to the general public, but I had an opportunity to try it before it hit the shelves. There are several things I like about the PowerStew:
- Big chunks of delicious meat are the very first ingredients.
- There are three flavorful feasts available: Turkey & Duck Feast, Beef & Lamb Feast and Chicken & Liver Feast. By alternating between these varieties, I can rotate protein sources which provides a complete amino acid profile.
- Not only is it grain-free, it is also carrageenan-free. This is an important point that not many pet parents are considering. If you want to know why you might want to avoid carrageenan, look here.
- Canine PowerStew was developed by a holistic veterinarian.
- That carrageenan-free broth adds tons of flavor but also helps makes sure your dog stays hydrated.
- It actually smells good to my human nose! Imagine how it smells to your dog. <commence drooling>
The top ingredients by volume in the Turkey & Duck Stew include turkey broth, duck broth, duck, turkey liver, dried egg whites, carrots, green beans and sweet potatoes. From a nutritional perspective, that translates to:
- 3 Protein Sources (duck, turkey and egg whites)
- Vitamin C: Sweet Potatoes and Green Beans
- Beta Carotene: Carrots and Sweet Potatoes
- Vitamins A and K: Green Beans
- Low Calorie: Green Beans and Carrots
- Hydrating water: Turkey Broth and Duck Broth